I will after the New Year post a Our 2nd annual Family Newsletter on the blog.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Lindsay is in her second year of Ballet. She had her first recital yesterday, December 17, 2008. She was excited to have a new teacher this year. She had new friends and few friends from last year in her class. She was excited to see Aurora and Mindi.
This years class is bigger than last years class. Her custom this year is florescent lime green and purple. She was excited to be on state again. Lindsay was excited to see her Aunt Debbie, cousin Ellie, Aunt Marie and Aurora's family at the recital to see her and Aurora perform.
Here is a photo of Lindsay and Aurora waiting their turn to go on stage. And quick photo of Ellie, Aurora, and Lindsay before the girls get distracted with other pretty customs. Oops, to late...not quick enough....have the backs of their heads or doing something else. Oh, well.
A little brief family History: Ellie is Lindsay and Aurora's cousin, since Aunt Debbie married Brenda's brother Brett. Brenda is Aurora's mom and Lindsay's ballet teacher from last year. Funny huh? Debbie was the one who suggested Lindsay take ballet class from Brenda. It has been wonderful getting to know Brenda and Aurora.
Monday, December 15, 2008
We enjoy Christmas Lights! Sometimes when we are driving at night and we see a neighborhood with ligts. We seem to be taking a detour to look at all the pretty lights. The last few years we made it a tradition to go downtown to see the Christmas Lights at Temple Square.
Of course, no family outing is complete without pictures. Here are some picture of our trip to the Temple.
We wish everyone a "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year" this holiday season.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Hola this is Ryan. Welcome to my family blog. We are learning all about family customs and celebrations in our class. We don't have a traditional dress or dance. My parents are not from a far, far, far away land. My Mom and Dad are born and raised in the good ole' USA.
Looking at all the things we do it revolves around family and church.In my family we celebrate all the Holidays. Out of all the Holidays Christmas is my favorite. On Christmas day after all the gifts are open we like to go as a family to see a movie. What is funny; my cousins will go and see the same movie on Christmas day and they live in another state....California.
For Christmas we have for dinner Turkey or Ham, homemade cream corn, mash potatoes, salad, rolls, stuffing and of course the yummy desserts. Everyone looks forward to the homemade cream corn. It is our families favorite.
We do a gift exchange with another family on both my parents side. On my dad's side they have a memory question they have to answer. Kinda like a remember when we were younger. At Christmas we will get everyone's memory and laugh. We have a book with the last 9 years of funny memories of my dad's family as a child.
We like to travel to California at least once a year. We have lots of fun with my Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents (Lo Lo and Lola), and cousins. We have gone to the beach, camping, museums, zoos, and of course Disneyland.
Our family has a tradition; they take lots of photos and keeping a journal for us....Genelogy. As you can see my family has a blog about our life as a family together for the last year. Our blog address is twosillymonkeys.blogspot.com, funny huh? My mom thinks my sister and I are silly monkeys.
The top 10 list about my family:
10. They are all silly monkeys and talk funny. My Aunt and Uncles speak different language because they served a Mission in another country. My other Aunt is from Mexico. We like her tradition of having a Pinata for Birthdays. Yeah for Pinatas and all the goodies inside.
9. Traveling to California to visit family and do something fun like Disneyland. Coming Disneyland for 2009.
8. We have a fun time playing in the snow around Christmas time.
7. Going to the movies on Christmas, and Thanksgiving.
6. We eat funny foods; like worms in the mud when we go camping. (oreos, chocolate pudding and gummy worms....Yummy, yummy in my tummy.)
5. I love seeing my Lo Lo (grandpa) and Lola (grandma). They travel to see us during the Christmas season. Lo Lo and Lola; when it snows, I will save the snow for our traditional snowman making.
4. I enjoy learn a little bit of Spanish or Cebuano from my Uncles and Aunts. I think they are funny when they all use a different dialogue. They like to tease us.
3. Summer vacations; amusement parks, pools, parks, camping, Utah Arts Festival, sporting events..Yeah Soccer...etc. I like having fun, fun, fun with my family.
2. We set the tree up as a family, decorate, sing songs, and star lights on the outside of our house. My mom makes homemade goodies to eat while we decorate. This Friday we will be doing our family decorating for Christmas.
1. I can't wait until Christmas has come to open up all my gifts. Because...my birthday is next and I will get to open more gifts from my family. LOL!
Thank you, for taken a moment to look at my family blog. We have lots of fun. I have attached some of my favorite photos.
Signing off Ryan